You are invited to support Palestine by taking part in our Sponsored Diet, by either taking part in the diet yourself, or by sponsoring one of the dieters. Contact us for a list!
This fundrasier is to benefit:
The Palestine Children’s Relief Fund, and Khitam, our sponsored child
Israel restricts the amount of food going in to Gaza, a ruthless and deliberate policy whereby the dietary
needs of the Gazan people are chillingly calculated to keep the population alive at a near starvation level.
An Israeli minister joked that they were ‘putting the Palestinians on a diet’. Members of the international
community are invited to join in a diet voluntarily to raise funds for Palestine and thereby show solidarity.
- Weigh-in on or around Saturday Jan 7th at home or with fellow dieters.
- Dieters send a $50 donation for Khitam as entry to the diet.
- Dieters will be added to the 2017 Sponsored Diet google group once the donation is received.
- Get sponsors (suggest $2 per pound, but there is no upper limit!)
- Eat less or differently
- Weigh-out Saturday April 15th after 14 weeks
- Exercise more, on your own, or with your local group
- Collect money from sponsors
- In USA, send checks to 14FP, PO BOX 6634, San Rafael, CA 94903 by May 15th 2017
- The money will be sent off to the two beneficiaries in the third week of May.
- Dieters and their sponsors may choose which organization to support. Therefore, the totals raised will not necessary be equal
- Please note that your actual weight will remain confidential at all times
Those of you who do not need/wish to lose weight are invited to sponsor those of us that do.
If you want to join or sponsor someone, please email email@example.com
Please note that this is a fundraiser for Palestine, not just a diet club. Dieters pledge to raise at least $100. The current record raised from a single dieter is $3,000.
Click on the image below for a printable copy of the flier.
Go Palestine! – The weight of the world is behind you!